Human Resources & Recruitment Manager
Part-time salaried position (10-20 hours/week); Virtual plus monthly staff meetings and events; Maryland-based organization
Submit statement of interest and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CentrePointe Counseling is a Christian non-profit organization, and employs professional, licensed counselors who cultivate and are impacted by their faith towards their approach to work and clients. We are looking for a Human Resources & Recruitment Manager to manage both the recruitment-to-employment process as well as the human resources needs of our organization.
This position requires knowledge and experience in recruitment in the healthcare field, as well as employment compliance issues and benefits options. Must be a people person with excellent discernment and communication skills.
- Recruitment: Proactively recruit qualified, high integrity professional Christian counselors and meet hiring goals. Recruit for all employment needs. Assist with onboarding process, including assisting with counselors' start-up phase and coordinating with leadership staff. Manage detailed accounting of applicants and employees, and develop best practice for productive recruitment and hiring.
- Policy Management:Assist with developing updated policy and practice manuals, and maintain and communicate details of updated policies.
- Compliance Issues: Stay updated and informed of state and federal employment compliance issues. Train employees on safety and health issues.
- Benefits and Compensation: Maintain knowledge of and research towards enhancing employee benefits programs
- Strategize: for onboarding procedures, employee well-being (including spiritual), addressing employee grievances, improving internal and external relationships, building trust and healthy work relationships
- Experience: Must have experience in human resources role, including managing Maryland-based employer requirements, benefits package research and administration, and driving professional recruitment. Experience working in a managing role at a non-profit or small business a plus. At least 5 years of experience required.
- Knowledge: Understand the professional licensing qualifications for mental health counselors and related health insurance and credentialing issues. Knowledgeable of job recruiting sites and their best uses. Knowledgeable of human resources tools, benefits offerings, current employment laws and regulations.
- Skills: Proven skills in administration and HR management. Detail oriented, organized, consistent with tracking and recording recruitment activity. Must have high integrity, a friendly demeanor, outward-facing, clear communicator (verbally and written), organized, and able to work independently. Very knowledgeable or able to build knowledge about a broad array of job listing sites and maximizing their use at minimal cost. Able to use multiple means of reaching and communicating with suitable recruits. Able to market employment positions using social media and related tools. Confident in conducting research and analysis. Speaking abilities a plus.
- Education: Bachelors Degree required
Reports to the Executive Director. Collaborates with supervisor-level counselors.
Volunteer - Board Administrator
Learn the behind-the-scenes workings of a Christian non-profit board! We are seeking your organization and administrative skills to help flourish the work of our board and progress our mission to serve our region's mental health needs.
Volunteer 2-3 hours per month, helping CentrePointe Counseling's Board with your administrative, research and communication skills! This position is hybrid -- mainly virtual, with occasional in-person meetings in Maryland.
The Board is a diverse group of professionals and ministers unified by the Gospel and passionate about serving God at CentrePointe. The Board is responsible for the organization's financial position, policy decisions, regulatory compliance, fundraising and networking.
The Volunteer Board Administrator is not a member of the Board, and works in support of the Board's Chair, Vice-Chair and Secretary, and interacts with the Executive Director.
This position is responsible for maintaining records of all state and federal regulatory requirements of the organization, managing board files, communicating with the Board and its committees, and attending board meetings (mostly virtual). Occasional in-person events are located in Columbia, MD, and other locations in Maryland.
- Appreciation for Christian counseling and active Christian life
- High integrity and discipline
- Familiarity with federal and state policies relevant to non-profit and charitable organizations
- Skilled at organizing electronic and paper files
- Strong written and verbal communicator, and communicative via email
- Excellent note-taking skills; copywriting skills a plus
- Discreet, able to meet confidentiality requirement
This is a great experience for someone who seeks to understand board work and to support a Christian non-profit on mission.
SEND your resume and letter of interest to: email@example.com