10255 Old Columbia Rd
Columbia, MD 21046
Each .3 CEU event costs $40. The other approving agencies list the duration as follows: 3 clock hours- NBCC, 3 CE- Maryland BSWE, 3 continuing education clock hours- ACE.
This is a professional workshop, open only to mental health and other related professionals.
There is clear evidence that individuals in treatment for substance use disorders are at high risk for gambling problems and that unidentified gambling problems contribute to increased treatment costs and decreased treatment effectiveness. However standard screening techniques have been largely ineffective in clinical settings. This presentation will focus on effective strategies for screening for gambling problems, initiating the conversation regarding the impact of gambling and problem gambling on recovery, health and well- being and designing appropriate interventions. The presentation will focus on approaches for working with couples within a family treatment setting. Presented by: Jeffrey M. Beck, LPC, Clinical Director, Maryland Center of Excellence On Problem Gambling.
If you have questions or concerns contact Valerie Howard Administrative Coordinator at 800-491-5369 ext. 120
Cancellation policy: Full refunds are offered if you cancel 2 weeks before the event.
By registering for this event I hereby grant permission to CentrePointe Counseling Inc. to use and retain the right to use any photos, videos, and statements by, about or of me, captured during this CEU training in any media, advertising, publicity, commercial, social media posting or other business purposes conducted by CentrePointe. I agree to allow use of any images or declaratinos and waive all right to compensation or ownership of the materials.
Continuing Education Information:
CentrePointe is authorized by the Board of Social Work Examiners in Maryland to sponsor social work continuing education programs and maintains full responsibility for the programs and their content. These trainings qualify for Category I continuing education units. ASWB approval is pending for social workers from other states. The D.C. and Virginia Boards of Social Work usually recognize the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners’ approval. Please contact your state boards for verification. Approval is being sought to be a ACE Provider by CentrePointe (pending Provider #1586).
CentrePointe Counseling, Inc. has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6569. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. CentrePointe Counseling, Inc. is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
In order to receive a certificate, registrants must attend the entire session. Course completion requirements include participating in the full session and completing the CEU evaluation. Certificates will be awarded at the close of the event. Individuals requesting disability accommodations should contact Kim Cook, 800-491-5369 ext 102, one week prior to the training date.
CentrePointe is required to have written, published policies and procedures for complaint and grievance management. This information is provided in full on our website and in summary format on attendance certificates and promotional materials.
- The complaint or grievance must be submitted in writing by participant, noting the full name and contact information for the participant to ensure proper follow-up. This letter will be reviewed by CentrePointe’s social worker consultant/Executive Director.
- If needed, the issue will be discussed with other leadership team members of the CentrePointe staff.
- The participant will have the opportunity to support his/her allegations by arguments however brief and, if need be, by related supporting evidence.
- The response decision is made by the Executive Director in consultation with the leadership team members. The decision takes into account various perspectives on the situation and relevant facts.
- Information is shared from the findings with the CentrePointe leadership team to be utilized for improving future courses.
- CentrePointe will respond to the participant in writing regarding the outcome of the response decision.